Sunday 25 July 2010

What is life without a dream??!!!




Everyone has a dream seeks to achieve
mine was studying abroad
------------- 

The story begins at the age of 14, when one of my teachers at school told me about
her educational trip to the US and some adventures there.

As any teen, I felt so enthusiast about the idea of trying something new,
so I went to my father in the same day and said “ dad, I want to study abroad ”.
He looked at me with amazement for he knew that studying was my last interests.
He said some words which stuck in my heart and mind
that’s a big decision and you should prove your worth” he said.

I thought about his words till realized what he meant
I need to work hard if I want to get this opportunity
________________

In the next 3 years, I was a diligent student until graduated from high school with high grades,
but my dream is still out there, unachieved,
particularly after enrolling at KAU (King Abdulaziz University).

I assumed then that I have to wait no less than 4 years to finish my bachelor degree..
When all of a sudden, I heard about scholarships to the UK

and these are exclusively for English language students

What delightful news!!!

My feelings were Indescribable at that time,
yet, it was only for those who have done their second year
and I just completed my first one.

Another thing was that I had to meet the admission requirements
and the principal one was getting high scores,
thus, it was a challenge year for me
__________________

I faced a lot of frustration and many times was about to give up
 but by the end of that year,
I was one of the students who have been accepted in this scholarship.


And the dream comes true


Did I find this experience as I wished??

Did I face any troubles??
____________

You're gonna find out later

5 comments:

  1. WOW your writing has developed since you came here to the UK. Good work!
    By the way, Congratulations lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThanQ u sweetheart:)
    nice of u 2 say so*
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wide dream & very big too , but you are bigger than any dreem .

    ((FATHER))

    ReplyDelete
  4. papa, ur comment means alot 2 me:)
    thankQ u so much:D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day it will be you telling others about your trip here and giving them the inspiration...

    Live the dream.

    ReplyDelete